The leading telco company needed to provide the IT management with a dashboard to monitor the IT infrastructure in order to correlate the impact of internal issues with the Customer Center activities. A rapid development was needed in order to provide the management with an effective tool to identify root causes.
- We started working with this leading Telco as disparate legacy systems were starting to have a major impact on those using the systems and customers receiving support.
- Whilst some data, unstructured and structured, had been collected from a number of different systems some of the legacy systems were not collecting availability or issue data at all.
- This caused considerable impact on time and wasted effort for the support operators but left customers disillusioned with the support the company provided. The management had no clear way to isolate impacts and measure effectiveness and performance.
- To support the improvements required from data, analysis and reporting we delivered a solution based on the Pentaho Business Analytics platform.
- The first phase of the project was to identify and standardize the data landing for all data and develop a common interface for data recording and collection.
- To do so, a custom workflow to extract and manipulate data was developed with a ETL process.
- The next phase included ETL processes to extract, cleanse and manipulate data and move the data into a a data warehouse.
- Several data marts were developed to configure data, allowing the definition of performance objectives and calculate KPIs.
- Business analysts are able to define their own KPOs/KPIs and to automatically retrieve up-to-date information through a standardized set of configurable scorecards.
- This approach has allowed the analysts to perform analysis without further IT support, simply plugging in new data sources. The new sources are declared and defined into the system through a dedicated web interface.
- To support the management team, reports and dashboards have been developed and integrated into the company management information systems.
- Today, customer center data has been integrated into information systems and issues can be identified over time. Where issues impact the service in the short term this can be quickly identified with cause analysis to quickly isolate and correct issues impacting the service to customers.